|Professional & Affordable Entertainment for Any Occasion!
1. How much do you charge? A simple flat rate of $100 per hour (travel, set up, and tear down are included).
However, if the event location is problematic regarding accessibility for bringing in and
taking out of the sound and lighting equipment (such as a second story job) and/or the
amount of advance preparation (see number 9 below) is overly time consuming or
costly, special arrangements/adjustments may have to be made.
2. What all do you offer? Do you have dancefloor lights and a disco ball?
A state-of the art sound system, dancefloor lighting – multicolor nightclub style lights and a
digital disco ball, microphone, and decades of professional DJ expertise are all
included in the flat rate.
3. Do you have a minimum number of hours? YES - 3.
4. How far will you travel? Up to 50 miles from Terre Haute (Turkey Run to the north, Vincennes to the south,
Greencastle to the east, and Casey to the west).
5. How do I pay? Do you require a deposit? Cash or check, or money order (payable the day of the event before
the DJ leaves) NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED.
6. Do you provide a contract? YES, clients should have peace of mind knowing they
have something in writing from the vendor especially if the event is being booked farther
than three months out.
An e-contract is sent via email for the client to scan/copy, sign, date, and return
A paper contract can be furnished upon request. Two identical copies signed and dated by the DJ are sent
via postal mail. The client signs and dates one copy and is asked to return it ASAP, keeping the other copy
for their files.
7. Can you stay later than scheduled? YES (but the hourly rate remains the same, any additional time can be pro-
rated by the half hour if necessary).
8. What kind of music do you play? All TYPES: Today’s Pop and Hip-Hop, Throwback (90’s/early 00’s),
Oldies (80’s/70’s/60’s), Country, Classic Rock, Line Dances, 50’s/Big Band: A well-tested song library designed to
make any event fun and memorable including an incredible selection of dinner music.
9. Will you accept a playlist in advance? YES, absolutely (but the song list should not be excessive or overly
restrictive). Lengthy personal playlists as well as ones compiled from guests in advance can become difficult to
manage in real time. Most social functions are diverse, spontaneous,unpredictable, and take on a life of their own
which makes it hard to pre-program the music. Having sufficient wiggle room to go with the flow is a must.
Professional DJs with years of experience know how to read the crowd in the moment, monitor the pulse, and tap into
the changing vibe to ensure a successful and memorable event. Trying not to overthink the music in advance often
produces a better overall event.
10. Do you take requests during an event? YES, definitely.
11. What experience do you have? Over 500 wedding receptions and numerous other types of events: class
reunions, company and retirement parties, birthdays, anniversaries, proms, etc., also longtime Terre Haute radio
personality (all formats).
12. Can you serve as an MC and interact with the guests if needed? YES, absolutely.
13. Can you play for a wedding ceremony and reception? YES (as long as the ceremony is located within a
reasonable distance from the DJ table, otherwise the client will have to find a separate music person for the ceremony,
or the DJ will have to subcontract the ceremony music to a special sound technician with a second system and charge
the client accordingly).
14. Do you meet with clients in person prior to an event? Occasionally (but phone, email, and texting have
worked extremely well over the many years). Unfortunately most DJs do not have a shop/store to conduct DJ business
and most have a regular full-time job. Clients are usually quite busy too and appreciate things being kept as
simple as possible.
15. Can you assist with some of the planning if needed? YES, I’m always happy
to help. Certain clients do not have a wedding planner and they appreciate having
firsthand professional input from a vendor. I can provide a comprehensive checklist
filled with useful ideas and possible itineraries to reduce the hassle and stress of having
to go it alone in organizing a wedding reception (ceremony too).
16. Do you have karaoke? NO, not presently. But occasionally a guest will use the DJ mic to sing over a song to
provide a moment of live entertainment …their best Ice Ice Baby or Baby Got Back.
17. Do You have uplighting? NO, not presently. But you do get top-of-the line night club lighting for the dance floor
and surrounding area. Certain halls are now providing uplighting. Also, uplighting can become a costly frill.
|Serving The Wabash Valley: Terre Haute, Clinton, Rockville, Brazil, Marshall, Paris, Sullivan, Linton & More